Sunday, May 2, 2021

General Reflection

 

    I have challenged myself to complete my associates degree at the least right now and figured what better time than the pandemic to get back at. It has been a struggle to complete because I have let myself believe my excuses that I don’t know what I want to do and I just do not have time for this, but the truth is you make time for what you need to. It will all fall into place and you just make it work. A big motivator for this decision was my son, I just want to be able to make the best life for him without being gone at work to achieve that. I feel that education does help open the door for other opportunities and if things arise where I need a college degree to move forward, I do not want anything to hold me back. 

    It has been a while since taking an English class, so it was interesting to revisit the logos, ethos, and pathos theories again. I find those intriguing because I like to analyze how I may try to persuade people to feel or think like myself and vice versa.  Especially when everyone has been talking about the pandemic it is easy to see some examples of the media and other outlets trying to take logical, ethical, or emotional kind of approaches to persuade people to do what they may be guiding towards. It has for sure been a crazy year, but I hope people can come out a little cleaner, more understanding towards each other and overall more grateful for what we may have.

No comments:

Post a Comment